Central Louisiana Human Services District
Links to additional Resources:
- The Board of Directors of Central Louisiana Human Services District conducts its regular monthly meeting on the 1st Thursday of each month at 5:30 pm. The meeting is open to the public.
- Find Mental Health, Addiction, and Developmental Disability Services in your area here.
- Mental health resources and suicide prevention training at SaveCenla.com
- Are you pregnant with your first child and receiving Medicaid, WIC or SNAP benefits?
- Nurse-Family Partnership is a free, voluntary program for first time moms that provides you with your own nurse until your baby is 2 years old. If you want to learn more, call (318) 487-5399 of contact Donna Mathews at (318) 729-0584.
- 1.800.QUITNOW for smoking cessation counseling; free NRT while supplies last
- LA Tobacco Trust: persons who started smoking prior to 1988 may be eligible for NRT, pharmacology, counseling. Visit www.quitwithusla.org for information
- 100 Women Who Care About Central LA initiative will give a quarterly donation to any non-church 501c3 that is in Alexandria, quarterly.
- Apply for Disaster Food Stamp Assistance: www.dcfs.louisiana.gov.
- Medicaid Eligible Youth with behavior problems? Call 1/800-bayou4you. Problems reaching someone? Call Eckerd at 318.443.7900 or email email@example.com
- Become a foster/adoptive parent: call 1.800.814.1585 or 318.487.5921. or www.dcfs.louisiana.gov
- Free Computer Classes/Homework Assistance/Language Classes through the Library Visit www.lajacc.org