Central Louisiana Human Services District would like to provide resources to our clients, staff, community partners, and visitors related to COVID-19.
CLHSD and our Caring Choices Clinics are asking our clients to call prior to coming to any Caring Choices facility. We are carefully monitoring and following all recommendations regarding COVID-19 and may be able to meet your needs without face to face consultation. We have implemented additional screening and sanitation procedures during this time. Thank you for your understanding as we attempt to keep our clients and staff healthy both physically and mentally.
Get the most up to date information from the Louisiana Department Of Health at ldh.la.gov/coronavirus.
Learn more about the Governor’s Stay at Home Order at https://gov.louisiana.gov/home/
What is a Stay at Home order?
A Stay at Home order is the Governor directing people to avoid going out in public unless it is absolutely necessary.
Why is this Stay at Home order necessary?
Right now, COVID-19 is spreading rapidly throughout our state and some of our communities and, without taking additional measures, Louisiana’s health care system will have more sick people than it can care for. The state is working to increase its health care capacity, but people also need to take measures to prevent the spread of this illness. Our medical community is working overtime to take care of people who are sick, but it needs help from the public to keep even more people from needing care.
We encourage parents of those receiving our children’s services to visit the following resources:
- Comic book exploring Coronavirus for kids from NPR.
- Guide to helping families cope with Coronavirus from NCTSN.
- Talking to kids about COVID-19 from NASP.
- Find a list of free educational websites at Amazon’s amazingeducationalresources.com
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing at Scholastic.com/learnathome
- Download eBooks for free from the Rapides Parish Library at rpl.org